Open Positions on the MeHIMA Board
Would you like to hold a more active role within MeHIMA?
Your MeHIMA Board is seeking to fill two Board positions this year. Being on the MeHIMA Board is a great opportunity to:
- Meet other HIM professionals
- Learn about what’s happening in the HIM field, both in the state of Maine and nationally
- Grow professionally in a way that you can showcase on your resume
The two positions we are seeking are:
- Secretary: The Secretary will be the official custodian of the records of MeHIMA. They will certify and keep the original or a copy of the Articles of Incorporation and the Bylaws, as amended to date, as well as a book of minutes of all meetings of the members and the Board of Directors and any committees having any of the authority of the Board of Directors, at the principal office of AHIMA and MeHIMA. They will also perform any and all other duties incident to the office of Secretary and other duties as may be prescribed by law, the Articles of Incorporation, the Bylaws, or the Board of Directors. Within 10 business days following any Board meetings, the secretary will distribute Minutes to all Board Members. Minutes of the Business meetings will also be posted on the MeHIMA website under the “For Member Only” section within 10 business days.
- Data & Reimbursement Committee Chair: The D & R Committee will provide avenues of education for coding skills via workshops, roundtable discussions/meetings and internet access; communicate regulatory changes to all those involved in the coding of health information; serve as a liaison for other organizations that affect coding and organizations that use the coded data; represent the diversity of our membership; serve as a conduit from our membership for the flow of information facilitating regulatory changes and recognize the need for interaction with other organizations to include but not be limited to the AHA, AMA, AHIMA, the fiscal intermediary, patient financial services, physicians, the QIO and CMS to initiate change.
Please contact Elizabeth Sheridan, President, at email@example.com if you are interested.