MaineHealth – Corporate
Scarborough, Brunswick, & Biddeford, ME – Fully Remote
MaineHealth is currently seeking candidates for Coders of all levels across various departments within the MaineHealth network. As a Coder, you will receive:
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Fully remote schedule.
- Excellent training and career track.
- Full-time opportunities with flexible schedules.
The Coder position at MaineHealth is multi-level, with opportunities for different levels of experience. This also provides a pathway for career growth within the MaineHealth system!
- Education: Associate’s Degree Preferred.
- License/Certifications: Certification through AAPC or AHIMA require, such as CPC, CCS, RHIT, or specialty coding certification(s). (More requirements for higher level positions.)
- Experience: One to two (1-2) years’ experience coding in an outpatient or physician practice setting using electronic medical record and encoder. Prior experience using EPIC, 3M Coding and/or Optum Reimbursement encoder preferred.
- Demonstrated, applied knowledge of ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 coding guidelines/ principles and accurate modifier assignment required.
- Ability to apply broad guidelines to specific coding situations, independently utilizing discretion and a significant level of analytical ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and email.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and work in a fast pace environment.
- Good understanding of Anatomy and Physiology as well as Pharmacology. Medical terminology or other class work preferred.
Additional Qualifications may be required based on position department or level.
To view all positions and to apply, please visit: https://www.careersatmainehealth.org/jobs/search/?title=Coder&location
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of twelve local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 22,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
We offer benefits that support an individual’s needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave (available at most locations), retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever-changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you’ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the well-being of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care – and the science behind that care – is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.